Tournament Rules (NOT UPDATED FOR 2023 YET)
The participating teams will officiate each other.
The tournament will be played with IFAF 2021.
With the following additions/changes:
– The “Home Team” will start the first half on offense.
– Game length will be: 2×15 minutes running time (no stop at two minute warning).
– 2 minute half time direct change of sides.
– No time outs.
– No challenges
– No overtime in round robin.
– Overtime in Play off will be “shoot out” from 10-yard line. (Each team get a try from opponent’s 10-yard line. First team to score, without conceding is the winner.)
– All offensive penalties in the second half will be loss of down.
– After the time runs out in both halves there will be one final play to end the half, if the result of the play is a Touchdown, the extra point try will be played as well.
– A half cannot end on an accepted defensive penalty.
Tie-breaker (2 teams)
2. Largest Point differential
3. Head-to-Head (W/L)
4. Most Point scored
5. Best result vs strongest mutual opponent.
6. “Shoot out” from 10-yard line after the group play has ended. (Each team get a try from opponent’s 10-yard line. First team to score, without conceding is the winner.)
Tie-breaker (3 teams or more)
2. Largest Point differential.
3. Head-to-Head (W/L).
4. Head-to-Head Largest point differential.
5. Head-to-Head most point scored.
6. Best result vs strongest mutual opponent.
7. Most Point scored.
Two groups of eight teams, top four qualify for quarterfinals and bottom four will play on placement match against the team from the opposite group finishing in the same position (a5vb5, a6vb6, a7vb7 and a8vb8)
There will not be placement games for teams losing in the knockout phase.
One group of eight. Top four will progress to the semifinals. No. 5 and 6 will play each other for fifth place. No. 7 and 8 will play each other for seventh place.
Initial group stage will be four groups of five (four games per team). Top three from each group progress to advanced to second group stage, where they will be paired with another group, the head to head results from the initial group play will be carried forward (Two games per team). Each of the three team advancing from a group will play the three teams from the other group (Three games per team). Top two from the new groups progress to the semifinals.
The Groups will be matched C and F and D and E.
The four teams finishing 4th in the Initial group stage will play in new group stage for the positions from 13th-16th.
The four teams finishing 5th in the Initial group stage will play in new group stage for the positions from 17th-20th.
Julius Andersen Vej 1
2450 København SV
Code of Conduct
All teams will receive garbagebags, please help us keep the tournament area as clean as possible. Bottles and cans from soda and beer needs to be sorted from other waste. If you cannot dispose of them yourself, then please hand them over to the tournament officials.